Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 5000 6.1 have to dial slowly to complete call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowtalks

Technical User
Mar 19, 2005
US
Mitel 5000 6.1 IP phones and loop start trunks

Customer has to press the keys slowly (slowly to them) to complete outside calls...where do I tweak the system to allow faster tone detection?

Thanks, Jim

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have become a locksmith" Albert Einstein

NCSS, NCTS, NCTE, CS1000E, Avaya IP Office, Mitel 3300 Basic & Advanced, 5000, SX200, NuPoint

You could try using ARS as the outgoing extension as this will collect all the digits the user enters before sending them to the CO.

I thought I was using ARS...I'll check...

"If I had known it would turn out like this, I would have become a locksmith" Albert Einstein

NCSS, NCTS, NCTE, CS1000E, Avaya IP Office, Mitel 3300 Basic & Advanced, 5000, SX200, NuPoint

set to use overlap dialling? rather than enbloc? (similar to 3300)?

Don't know...I haven't been back this week. I'll let you know...

I set my System Timers/DTMF Digit Duration Timer to 100. I think it is default at 60.

Thanks 619Tech...I remembered there was something to do with the timers whenever I ran into a similar issue a few years back that seemed to fix the issue...I'll try that

Jim

You need to change the inter digit timers under system> timers and limits
It's set as standard at 15 seconds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back