Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 470 dial out issue

bdvtech

Vendor
Mar 29, 2011
US
I have a customer that is using a Mitel 470 in their small motel/hotel. There are 2 IP phones and around 30 room phones. The room phones are analog phones with programmable buttons on the bottom. A couple of the buttons are used to call 10 digit phone numbers. Regular calls from the analog phones are made by dialing 9 and the number. Recently, for some strange reason, the room phones are not able to dial out. The IP phones can use 9 and then dial a number but this does not work on the room phones. After 9 is pressed, the user hears a fast busy signal. I installed a backup of the customer's database on my in house test system and I have the same problem. Incidentally, the customer is using analog POTS lines for their phone service. I have been through the programming multiple times, and I cannot figure this out. Hopefully someone can offer some useful assistance. Thank you.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back