Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 3300 trunk forwarding to ring group

Status
Not open for further replies.

jerryreeve

Vendor
Jan 16, 2002
US
I have a MITEL 3300 ICP
We want to have the Reception desk (1101) be able to call forward incoming trunk calls, I have set up a ring group with the ext 1101 and the file room 1177 to both ring on incoming calls. I can get the phone to forward internal calls to a new hunt group (2201) but the incoming trunk calls still only ring 1101 and 1177. The incoming trunks has a non-dial in trunk answer point of 1151 and 1152 (this is assigned to a key to allow a visual ring indicator by the key) At this point a call comes in and causes the phone to ring with a visual indicator on key 7, a key system line type key with the button directory number of 1151 or 1152. calls can be answered and put on hold and it looks like a square key system to the users.

problem is that the users want to set up so that the receptionist can forward her phone to other phones during the day, lunch appointments etc. when I dial in the forward all and point it at another number internal calls will forward but the external trunks will not forward.

the COS for trunks and telephones both allow forwarding

Any Ideas on where this is going to be causing the problem?

----------------------------
40: Hill?? What hill??
I didn't see any $%@#(*$ Hill!!
50: who put this $%@#(*$ Hill Here??
JerryReeve
Telecommunication Technology Services

Is the answer point a Hunt Group with 1151 & 1152 as members?
Do you use Night 1, Night 2.

No, don't use the night service, use tha auto attendant as failover, the trunks are assigned "key system" keys on the telephones to ring them.

40: Hill?? What hill??
I didn't see any $%@#(*$ Hill!!
50: who put this $%@#(*$ Hill Here??
JerryReeve
Telecommunication Technology Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back