Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 3300 SIP - Direct media Path

Status
Not open for further replies.

siplyconfused

Technical User
Oct 31, 2012
GB
Due to a requirement we are testing a Mitel 3300 cxi using Mitel phones in SIP mode

All is working but I have one issue in that the RTP packets generated by the phones are going peer to peer (ie. phone to phone), while the SIP control packets are going via the switch.

I need all data to go via the switch, is there any way to switch off the direct media path between the phones so all packets are routed via the switch

Thanks for any help

Rich

Sorry but the only time the RTP packets would go via the controller is if you had physical analog or digital trunks connnected to the controller and then the call were to go via those trunks. It is the whole point of IP voice communications whether SIP or propritary Voip, that the RTP goes from IP to IP.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Thanks, its just on other switches (eg Avaya IPO) you can choose to use a direct media path or not

Thanks for the answer

Rich

the only way would be to have a MBG server and get the phones to work in TW mode.
Thats how the MBG is used to tap the speech path when using SRC.

If I never did anything I'd never done before , I'd never do anything.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back