Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 3300 - Ring Group > Members > Voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

mackaltman

IS-IT--Management
Oct 30, 2014
US
Hi everyone, I'm really needing some help.

I am the web developer where I work and our carrier/broker and our network administrator have seriously got us in a bind. Since he's on vacation, I'm trying to get this resolved because it's been a problem for several weeks that I just found out about. I have tried scrubbing through several different posts; however, my experience with the ring groups is very little. So let me identify what we would like to do, as well as what is currently happening.

The Ideal Situation
[ol ]
[li]A customer calls 803-123-4567 and is transferred to the internal extension 1567[/li]
[li]If there are available agents (i.e. all on the phone, or fewer calls in queue than those available), the extension rings those agents within the group, which are available.[/li]
[li]If the call goes unanswered or no agents are available, the customer is sent to the 1567 voice mail.[/li]
[/ol]

The Current Situation
[ol]
[li]A customer calls 803-123-4567 and is transferred to the internal extension 1567.[/li]
[li]If there are available agents, the extension rings those agents within the group, which are available.[/li]
[li]If there are no agents available, the caller receives a message saying the phone is disconnected, a busy tone, or unavailable (differs depending on the extention).[/li]
[/ol]

Set the Overflow point of the Ring Group to VM hunt group number. As long as there's a mailbox for that ring group, it should forward to its voicemail box. Otherwise, if you have Nupoint, go into the mailbox that will be checking those voicemails, click on advanced, and make the ring group number an alternate extension of the extension that will be receiving/checking those messages. Not quite sure how embedded VM works with that scenario though.

I have dreamed a dream, but now that dream has gone from me.

@ Hovus - Ring Groups do not integrate with Voicemail (at least before rel 7.0)

@ mackaltman - is this a ring group or ACD

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

I have the alternate extension scenario working on several 6.0 systems.

I have dreamed a dream, but now that dream has gone from me.

Alright, here's some additional information:
[ul]
[li]We do not have Nupoint[/li]
[li]We are running Mitel 3300 ICP 8.0.7.16_2[/li]
[/ul]
My test ring group is setup with the following configuration:
[ul]
[li]Ring Group: 1234[/li]
[li]Ring Group Mode: Ring All[/li]
[li]COS - Day: 1[/li]
[li]COS - Night1: 1[/li]
[li]COS - Night2: 1[/li]
[li]Home Element: PhoneSwit[/li]
[li]Call Ringing Timer: 20[/li]
[li]Call Queued Timer: 20[/li]
[li]Cascade Ring Timer: 20[/li]
[li]Overflow Point: 55[/li]
[/ul]
My test Voice Mailbox is setup with the following configuration:
[ul]
[li]Name: 1234[/li]
[li]Extension Number: 1234[/li]
[li]Passcode: ******[/li]
[li]Prompt Language: System Default[/li]
[li]Operator Extension (0): 1173[/li]
[li]Message Notification Type: Extension[/li]
[li]Message Notification Number: <NULL>[/li]
[li]Message Notification User Access: Disabled[/li]
[li]Message Notification Schedule: Around the Clock[/li]
[/ul]

If I remove the only member of my ring group, it says "Welcome to [Carrier Name]..." which means it's not being delivered to the extension's voicemail. I am 99% positive the reason it's not delivering it is because there are "no available agents", which is the same thing that is happening when (a) everyone in the ring group is on the phone or (b) too many calls come in at one time on a ring group.

As additional information, we previously added a DID by adding a "new user" in the User Configuration area. We would select a "dummy" device type and then utilize "Multiline Set Key Assignment" to add the extension to the extension with a "true" device. This process was changed because it was using too many IP licenses.

As additional information, we previously added a DID by adding a "new user" in the User Configuration area. We would select a "dummy" device type and then utilize "Multiline Set Key Assignment" to add the extension to the extension with a "true" device. This process was changed because it was using too many IP licenses.[

If I was running that load, I would likely have added a fake per node to handle the dummy extensions to avoid using licenses

@jpruder what do you mean by adding a "fake per node".

@ jpruder

For any software load above 5.0 you can simply create an IP phone and assign the licensing as Trusted to create phantoms without consuming licenses.

@kwbMitel

Where would I go to assign it as trusted?

When you are creating a phone the default license is Full

Simply change it to trusted - on the first tab - directly below the extension number

@ mackaltman

I just looked back and I see that you are running Rel 8.0

When I mention rel 5.0 I am talking about MCD 5.0 which is the equivalent of rel 11 relative to your rel 8.0

Sorry for misleading you

Is there any way to obtain this on our version of Mitel? I feel that there is. I, nor the person responsible, is aware of how to do it.

Basically, we have contracts with several different companies we outsource for. We call on behalf of them (i.e. "Hi, I am with ABC Company" when really the employee works for DEF). This is all legal, which I'm sure there are many of those here in this forum who offer the same services.

I want to have the public number/DID to ring only a few physical handsets that work on that team (or client). Additionally, some people work on multiple teams (or clients). It would be nice to have these lines ring or established keys they can label. If the line isn't picked up, it goes to voice mail. This is ultimately what we are trying to do.

I apologize for not using the proper jargon. I feel if I knew it then my searches would be much more effective. I am a very savvy Googler. ;)

The way to obtain that would be to upgrade the software on the 3300.

@Lundah

Can you tell me what changed in the upgrade that made it possible? I ask as the person who supports it suggested this, but had no idea why/how it would be available. They simply said they were told. What's different? I mean it's hard to fathom the Mitel 3300 didn't have this capability in the older versions...that's supposed to the power of Mitel.

The method used to license IP devices completely changed in MCD 5.0. Previously you had to have licenses for IP Users, IP Devices, and SIP devices were yet another license. After MCD 5.0, that all changed and you only need IP User licenses, which are not consumed for certain service types. On the software release you are currently running, every single IP phone you program consumes a license.

I do recall them mentioning. "It's a bug in the ring group because it's supposed to send them to the voice mail 55 as the overflow point but it doesn't work in our current version." Honestly, I feel like that comment lacks logic. Why would Mitel set up a method for losing calls? And why is there so many posts across the Internet on the "Ring Group" not being delivered to the voicemail as it should.

I feel there is a work around in our current situation that it is not setup properly. Some mentioned utilizing a "NTHG", which I think is a Hunt group of a Nametag type. They mentioned creating one with an asterisk prepended to the extension. Does anyone know how I would go about getting this to work?

Currently, we have several clients at risk here due to the person responsible having put this in place. That being said, we have been experiencing lower than usual call volumes (people calling are getting busy tones/line disconnected messages since there aren't any available ages). If there's anyone with a sure fire answer, please give me your contact information. I will gladly do what's necessary to get this rectified with your assistance.

Ring groups were a brand new feature to release 8, so there were a lot of early bugs. That release is also long out of support from Mitel. You could upgrade the current software to a later 8.0 release (I think 8.0.9.15 was the last 8.0 release), but if you have Software Assurance coverage and your connected applications can support it, you should really upgrade to MCD6.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back