Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 3300 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

unifydan

Technical User
Mar 12, 2008
GB
Quick questions,

System Mitel 3300 CX

1/ Does COS on a hunt group take precedence over COS on a user\extension handset.

2/ If a user has DND disabled due to COS can a manager override this function or does it need to be done in the admin.

Cheers

1) - To answer your question, yes, but..... If I remember correctly, a hunt group does not have a specific COS per se. Rather the COS of the first member in the list is applied uniformly to all members, insofar as HG operation is concerned. Again going from aging grey matter, only calls directed to the HG pilot would be affected by this.

That said, I've never used DND for members within a simple hunt group, reserving that instead for ACD or to DND the entire HG. However, I see no reason why it would not work similarly. Ordinarily we would use MakeBusy for this (individual members).

Before making a definitive statement one way or the other I would want to mock it up and try it.

2) Admin (CDE)

The Huntgroup on the 3300 can now be assigned directly in the huntgroup form and this value will govern the functionality if set. If not set it will use the COS of the first member.

DND can be set and removed remotely on a set that cannot do it itself.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back