Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 3300 (MiVB), sip trunk system

Status
Not open for further replies.

scott345

Technical User
Dec 9, 2010
GB
Hello all,

I was hoping someone would be able to help me regarding a new system that's been installed into our office.
calls are routing correctly on incoming and outgoing calls but i need to do 3 things but the telephone system guys are taking their time about. (BTW i use to install and program Panasonic and ipoffice systems)

1: currently we cant dial a local number. when we dial 0207 451 2518 the call goes through but when i dail 7451 2518 nothing happens and ii just get invalid on the screen of the phone.

2: we have cli enabled and would like to be able to have a name appear of the person calling. i thought this might have something to do with the system speed dial options but this doesn't not work.

3: on the previous system we had analogue line keys. The flashing keys were setup as line keys that we were able to put calls on hold. i cant seem to replicate this on the new system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Scott

1: Look at ARS. you need to set a ars implicitly for local numbers such as 9 followed by 8 digits and push that out to a route and absorbing the 9 Look at the ARS dialed digits.

2: You are looking for alpha tagging. Look in the system help which explains it very clearly. It actually rather easy.

3:Ah that old bugbear. You can do it but why? if you ahve ISDN or SIP lines it won't really amke much difference. You can put a call on hold at the set and just use the cancel key to retrieve it. It will ring back to you if you forget that you have it on hold. if you want to put multiple calls on hold and access them anywhere on the system look at the call park feature instead. Help files are good again.

Hi Scott,

The issue you have with SIP with regards your first issue is SIP does not usually understand local termination as the carrier is usually national. You would therefore have to manipulate the systems ARS and digit modifications to get this to work. It is likely you may get number clashes too. You would need to put routes in for the local number ranges e.g. 97 folowed by 7 digits set a digit modification to absorb 1 and insert 020. Hope this makes sense.

Regards

In the UK SIP can be routed locally just using the local number (well it can on my SIP's)assuming you are using local numbers on the SIP's and not from another area....although we don't know the Op is using SIP...

OOpps, sorry just read the tilte again. Point stands though.

1: currently we cant dial a local number. when we dial 0207 451 2518 the call goes through but when i dail 7451 2518 nothing happens and ii just get invalid on the screen of the phone.

In my mind this is something that you should put people off from doing now and educate them to use the correct full number, My reason for this is that this is an old hangover from yesteryear.
The correct number is the full number including the area code. As we move forward with SIP more and More customers are centralizing systems within data centers and all users may sit on the same system but are geographically dispersed so there local area code would be different to another user, On a large site this would prove a programmatic nightmare. No body is complaining they cannot do this on their mobile.

boycey9; I think you are quite correct and I also always dial the full number but that is a throwback to LCR days when you had to. And whilst I agree fully with your sentiments I also have to say if the customer wants it then they should be given it after having the usual conversation with them that it could cause problems in the future. If a customer asks me for a feature and we can give it to them but it impacts, say, security we will give it to them with a written egt out for any responsibility for the misuse of that feature. Same with any customer who insists on on being a full admin without any training...we have to have a get out clause written down somewhere that the customer is aware of.

1. look at ARS, COR, CORgroup
2. In telephone directory add numbers with a tilde after 9, ie 9~07777777777
3. Park and Retrieve Buttons will be your friend, also group park key.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back