Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 3300, export call information

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitelwsg

Technical User
Oct 13, 2010
NL
Hello,

I want to ask you guys if it's possible to export call information. And how many call information can be stored on the Mitel?

Kind regards.

Do you mean SMDR logs?

The system will hold 20000 records by default but can be increased if needed

Depending on the controller you have the SMDR logs can either be collected via the printer port on the front of the controller MX, LX & MXe controllers and also via telnet on port 1752 CX & CXi controllers is only available via telnet port 1752

Share what you know - Learn what you don't

Thank you for your quick response again Supernova!

I don't now if I mean SMDR logs.

I would like to export call information to Excel so we can see how many calls we receive at 1 of our departments.

Is it possible to export to Excel?

No there is no 'export' like in the forms this info is in a raw format.
Usually customers will purchase a call logging system to link to the 3300 which will process the raw data and output in various formats.

Most logging systems will use an export of the 3300 telephone directory to sort users by department & location so when reporting the report data can be modified and displayed accordingly.

I am not aware of any free call logging software but I am sure a google search may turn up something

So there is no way to export the call information from the mitel. What is the use of holding 20000 records?

It holds the records for devices that can be attached for CDR ( call detail recording ) software that is used to assign costs for telephone calls to users or departments.

The single biggest problem with communications is the illusion that it has taken place.

This can get a bit complicated so you may want to have your dealer assist.
What I've done is connect to the 3300 via telnet (Putty works pretty good for this) to IP port (ok, the port number escapes me just now but it's in the help file). Set Putty to log everything and then from the command line type "logs print smdr all". It will print to your putty session and you can capture it.

Dry Aquaman

Dealer assist is not necessary DRYAQUAMAN!

I will try your solution and will let you know what the result are!

I only have the command option LOGSYS, but I can't use LOGSYS PRINT SMDR ALL?

Yes I can:
LOGSYS info: Printing of SMDR log requested.

You can see the smdr logs by streaming them
just telnet to the ip address on port 1752

Telnet <ip address> 1752

All the logs will be streamed in realtime

A colleage of mine suggested a free SMDR product

SMDR+

You are required to register and only pay if you like it

I have had a quick look myself and it seems to do most tasks including running extn reports and can be viewed in excel amongst others

Thank you supernova, I will try this product and will let you know if it works

I can't connect to our second IP telephone system (other department) on port 1752, is there a setting to activated this?

I already changed the SMDR Options Assignment because no calls where being saved!

Please ensure you have configured SMDR and COS Option correctly.

Kelvin

SMDR is the same is our first IP telephone system.
Can you tell which settings must be configured for COS?

It's working, so never mind above questions.

SMDR - External" should be enabled in Trunk COS and Station COS.

Kelvin

unfortunately on the mitel telephone system SMDR was not set.

But te work with the Unified Communicator Advanced Client, in this client I can see call information from aug 2009, where is this information saved? Local on the Mitel?

There will be no data saved in 3300 if you have not enabled SMDR. You might try to find the call log in User's Application folder. But I'm not sure the exact location.
Good Luck.

Kelvin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back