Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 3300 CXi II Login Reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Warrenator

Technical User
Apr 28, 2010
GB
Hello,

I've got a 3300 CXi II which needs the login info resetting, I've done the rm "Usrprfle.db" method and the RESET_ALL_LOGIN_PASSWORDS method and I've still had no luck.

Have they changed something in a software update?
I must have done fifty plus systems the same way and it's always worked, this one just won't let me in. Any ideas?

Gently does it. If gently doesn't do it, smash it with the hammer.

I'm trying system and password as the defaults.

I understood it has changed in the later versions and now requires Mitel to assist with the password reset.

Stops people buying from ebay and the like.

If you have a recent backup would suggest a fresh install and rebuild?

Have you tried ResetAllLoginPasswords from the console?

I've never tried using the Mitel console, where would I get a download of that one from?

It is entirely possible that the System User was deleted from the list and as such the password cannot be reset.

At one time you could restore the default login but I do not believe this is the case anymore.

You basically have to know one of the login user names these days.

Without that - Mitel.

P.S. Anyone that has had to do this on 50+ systems is either very poor at documentation or skirting the grey areas of ethical behavior.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Right then, thanks for your help. We'll have to try and get in touch with the previous maintainer and see if they can help us, which I'm not placing any bets on.

P.S: I'm sure where ethics come into it, but if I thought I could get out of this mind numbing task by getting on an ethical high horse; I'd be wearing my riding boots to work on a regular basis.

RS232 directly to the maintenance port. I've had success up to MCD5.0....

Please do as wireman50 mentioned before. Connect to the maintenance port of the system 9600baud and by pressing enter you should get "-->"
Then type the command: ResetAllLoginPasswords
You will get a response from the system for all passwords that it has reset.

You don't mention software level.
There was a time between 4.0 and 4.2 (I can't remember what version) where none of the above worked.

-> "ResetAllLoginPasswords"
value = 494476680 = 0x1d791d88

->swrevs
Software version: 10.2.1.13

Still locked.

10.2.1.13 is some flavor of MCD 4. Think you need the password reset for that load.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back