Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 3300 call forward from auto attendant option

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimGuyUK

IS-IT--Management
May 29, 2003
GB
Ive got an auto attendant setup on a 3300 that currently transfers a few options to a multi line button extensions on multiple handsets

Ive been trying to get the calls to call forward to a mobile for out of hours contact.

The auto attendant is saying your call is being transfered, I get hold music and then the call gets placed back to the auto attendant for the recording to start over again.

I'm assuming its a class of service thing on either the voice mail or trunk but Ive opened up all third party and call forward options but still nothing.

If I manually key in the multi line extension it will forward the call its only from the auto attendant that it wont.

Any ideas?

Tim

VM Port COS options

Public to Public transfer enabled.
Account code length needs to equal the VM port length
Non-Verified account code enabled

Also
COR restrictions to allow call

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

Thanks

Starting to get someone.

It was adding the trunks to the COR that moved it furthur. However there is something timing out after about 10 second. Ive looked through the COS for IP, VOICEMAIL, TRUNKS but I cant quite nail

Any suggestions?

no answer recall timer in cos of trunks or vmail ports maybe?

Sigh.. Nooooo..

Another bit of info. If I dial the auto attendant and put speed dial number is that dials the mobile number divert it says "I'm sorry the person I'm trying to reach is unavaiable at this time"

If I dial it from the handset it works ok.

Does that shed anylight?

Can anyone else xfer to an outside number - not just VM ports? If yes, it may be one of the issues mentioned above or it may have to do with your PRI. I've run into cases where the carrier would block the call if it did not recognize the outbound caller ID.

If you are using a PRI (esp. if the PRI is delivered to prem via SIP and a router) you may have to be sure your VM ports are programmed to show a Caller ID in your DID range.

DryAquaman

Simplest test is to set up a desk set with the same COS and COR as a VM port.

Then call the deskset and try to transfer the same way that the voicemail is trying to.

This test generally will reveal your problem.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

sounds like the COR of the vmail trunks or COS option 'public network access via DPNSS' needs to be set to yes.

OK, everything we dicussed plus override toll control in System speed dial.

Thanks for everyones input, all vaild.

Cheers

Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back