Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mitel 2000 busy/no anwser feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

sroggero

Technical User
Sep 2, 2007
CA
Mitel 2000 series

We're looking for the feature that needs to be activated to follow the call forward busy/no answer when the call comes from a local extension or being transfered from a local extension. When the call comes outside it works fine,,,, but internaly after 4 ring it comes back to the originating extension.

So in orther words, what feature needs to be activated for a call to follow the call forward busy/no answer of a station instead of coming back to the transferring extension (call back).

Thanks guys,

you will need to setup a call re-routing first alternative and assign it to the extn
you can select whether the call is transfered on either Busy or No answer just select 'This' to go to the destination programmed.

You can also do this manually via feature acces codes
go to the feature access code form and find the call forwarding no answer internal etc and then use the codes plus the destination e.g. if the feture access code is #88 and the extn is 1234 then dial #881234 from the phone.

If you have a superset you should also be able to do this via the 'Superkey' (blue button) scroll through to forwarding and then select the forwarding type and then enter the destination.

Share what you know - Learn what you don't

Okay, so simple question... How do I setup the call re-routing (where is this feature located in the programming, which program)

if your talking about the programming for the sx2000, first of all you need to have access.

Login type cde from the maint screen and then press softkey 2 and enter 'call re first alt' hit enter. this takes you to the call reroute 1st alt assignment. Assign a number.
commit and confirm it.

Then do softkey 2 again and enter 'call re as'

Find your ext and assign the 1st alternative number you created previously.

Desk Jockey Lunacy

Sorry I should have ibncluded this but as you were asking I assumed you already knew how to access and find the forms.

Nice one MM!

A word of caution..........Don't program the Call ReRoute First Alternative index "1". All extensions default to this value.

NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED!

I'm sorry; I think I did not ask the proper question.
The internal call forwarding works ok. e.g.: ext. 250 calls ext. 333 it forwards on busy/na.
If a call comes in via a trunk and ext. 205 transfers the call to ext. 333 it will come back to ext. 250 (transfer call back is set to 12 rings) even though call forwarding is set up on busy/na.
In COS I have enable the proper feature but still will not forward if it's a call from a trunk.
What feature must be activated to allow an extension to forward on a transferred trunk call?

what phones do you have?
If they are supersets do the programming through the superkey.
If they are POT then you will need the FEATURE ACCESS CODE (FAC)
Lohin to the system and navigate to the FEATURE ACCESS CODE form
In the FAC you will find a list of codes to enable various features on the system
You need to have a look at the call forwarding codes and pick the code(s) that meet your needs.

here is a list of examples

Feature Code

Call Forwarding - Busy (External Source) *62
Call Forwarding - Busy (Ext & Int Source) **70
Call Forwarding - Busy (Internal Source) *63
Call Forwarding - End Chaining *64
Call Forwarding - Follow Me *8
Call Forwarding - Follow Me - Third Party #8
Call Forwarding - I Am Here **8
Call Forwarding - No Answer (External Source) *66
Call Forwarding - No Answer (Ext & Int Source) **71
Call Forwarding - No Answer (Internal Source) *65

Lastly as I have already posted there is call re-routing (system call forwarding)

First Alternative Number (do not use 1)
System-generated, protected field. Contains the list of first alternative numbers. The maximum first alternative number for each system is 336.

Busy/DND (DID, TIE, CO, and Int)
Set the call routing when the called number is busy or has set Do Not Disturb. Select "Normal" to allow the system to route the call to busy or reorder tone, "This" to route the call to the directory number entered in the last column, or "Last" if the call is to be routed to the corresponding entry in the Call Rerouting Second Alternative Assignment form.
Normal

No Answer (DID, TIE, CO, and Int)
Set the call routing when the called number does not answer. Select "Normal" to allow the system to route the call to busy or reorder tone, "This" to route the call to the directory number entered in the last column, or "Last" if the call is to be routed to the corresponding entry in the Call Rerouting Second Alternative Assignment form.

Note: The Call Forward No Answer timer in the Class of Service of the called station determines how long the called station rings before rerouting to the first alternative if "This" is specified. The Call Rerouting Timer controls rerouting to the second alternative if "Last" is specified.
Normal

Directory Number
Enter the directory number to which the call is to be routed. The directory number may be any station, speed call, hunt group pilot number, ring group pilot number, personal ring roup pilot number, or attendant console answer point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back