Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MiTAI vs MiTSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

olive

Programmer
May 10, 2001
FR
Hi,

could someone explain me the differences between programming with MiTAI and/or MiTSP (based on TAPI) ?
What are the advantages/drawbacks from one to the other ?

Best regards

Hi Olive,

MiTSP uses MiTai to interface with the 3300. From what I have heard the support for MiTSP is going to be discontinued. MiTSP currently does not run on Vista, but the latest release of MiTai is supported on Vista. If you are planning on writing an application for the SX200/3300 I would recommend using MiTai.

OK, thank you very much.
You are right with the support of MiTSP : it's really going to be discontinued. I have had confirmation.

Do you know if with a MiTAI DE License you can manage all the phones and lines of one IPBX, or if it is intended to monitor only one phone (like the MiTSP DE does) ?

Thanks.

With MiTai you have the ability to monitor all of the phone lines on multiple pbxs (there are limits to lines per device but this usually doesn't apply) using third party call control. When using first party call control you are limited to one device.

When using first party call control you are limited to one device."
--> One device is one phone line isn't it ?

And do you know if with Mitai you can see if a programmable key of one phone (like 5340) is pressed ?
In other words, you set an event to one programmable key on your telephone HTML app, and you handle your event in your 3rd party application. Is it possible ?

Thank you very much.

A device can have multiple lines associated with it.

I don't believe that MiTai will give you notification of a phone button being pressed, only the telephony events that may occur due to the button being pressed.

Hi,

"A device can have multiple lines associated with it."
Yes I understand, but one device is one phone, not one IPBX ? I would like to be sure that the difference between Mitai DE and SE is not only the fact that with SE you can manage multiple IPBX. To my mind with Mitai DE you can only monitor one device, that is to say one phone (and not one IPBX).

"I don't believe that MiTai will give you notification of a phone button being pressed, only the telephony events that may occur due to the button being pressed."
OK ... so for example if you press a "make call" button or a "speed dial" button, you can only catch in your 3rd party app the telephony events that are consequences to this pressed buttons. Am I right ?

Bbest regards.

Hi Olive,

With either MiTai editions you can monitor multiple IP endpoints on multiple 3300s or SX200s.

Yes, you will be notified of any telephony events resulting from the button action.

Hi Dogmai,
I'm sorry to bother you a last time, but I dontn't understand your last answer :
"With either MiTai editions you can monitor multiple IP endpoints on multiple 3300s or SX200s."
That doesn't seem to be aggree with your other answer :
"When using first party call control you are limited to one device."

I need to choose between Mitai SE or DE.
I have to develop an application that can monitor all the phones connected to one or several IPBX 3300 ICP. (to only one IPBX in a firts time).
So I think I need Mitai SE, because to my mind, the DE can't monitor several phones. Am I right ?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Olive,

Sorry,

I have used both MiTai SE and DE to control multiple endpoints on mutiple 3300s, but reading through the documentation you should be using MiTai SE version to monitor more than one 3300.

Hi Dogmai,

I will use MiTAI SE to monitor all the endpoints devices (in other words the IP Phones) connected to only one 3300 ICP.
So that, I'm sure that with SE it will work fine.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back