Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mission: Network+ 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

wabob

IS-IT--Management
Sep 21, 2004
US
Hi all,

I am taking the Network+ exam on Monday. I have been reading from the Sybex and the Syngress Study Guides.

Any last-minute advice? :)

There are 10 kinds of people in the world.
Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

Got a few certs there, glister? :)

I passed the Network+, got 734 (554 or better was needed).

Wonder what I should pursue next.....A+? Server+? Linux+?
You should be qualified to answer, you got them all.

Whatcha think?

There are 10 kinds of people in the world.
Those who understand binary, and those who don't...

I'd say A+. Server+ is for techs with 2 years SERVER experience. Linux+ is just that, Linux. Linux takes quite a bit of hands on experience. You either have it or you don't. You won't pick it up in a book.

You should explore the Electronic Technicians Assoc - International. You can rollover your Net+ to their Certified Network Systems Technician (CNST) for $50. You can also rollover your A+ to their Computer Service Technician cert. for $30. They are a much more together group than CompTIA. Better support. more certs. Real people.

A+,N+,S+,L+,I+,HTI+,e-Biz+,Security+,CETma,CFOT,CCNT,CCTT,ACSP,ISA CCST3

Hi, what is the best way to study for domain four in the Network+ objectives? There seems to be alot there.

What part of study don't you understand? First take all the listed network utilities and make sure you understand what it is , what is does, when you would use it and why.

obj. 4.3 - What are the LEDs on a NIC?

Use the steps outlined in obj. 4.9 in conjunction with the network utilities listed in obj. 4.1 and apply them to the scenerios of the other objectives.

A+,N+,S+,L+,I+,HTI+,e-Biz+,Security+,CETma,CFOT,CCNT,CCTT,ACSP,ISA CCST3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back