Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing www, Old Browser, or Inactive Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyrobert

IS-IT--Management
Aug 8, 2003
US
Not sure if I'm in the right place, but I'm having a problem internally with our public website. Everyone on the outside world can view our website but internally we cannot view it...instead it says this (and i've contacted the isp, the hosting and registrar):

1) The domain may be inactive, closed, or out of service. Email us the domain you you tried to reach at (remove the spaces) n o c @ webhostingprovider.com

2) You have a proxy server, firewall, or other configuration problem.

3) Your browser may be too old. You'll need to upgrade to at least Microsoft Internet Explorer 3 or Netscape 2 for security reasons. Your browser is Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1; MyIE2; Maxthon; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322).

Thanks for any help.

Did you get this solved?
Take a look at your DNS. If your local domain is whatever.com then all internal clients will be looking internally for You may just need to change the on your local DNS server to point to the outside world.

Thanks for the advice...I actually did have to go into the DNS and change the ip address of our website and that fixed it. Thanks for all the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back