Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing values in combo box linked to Excel 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jutrased

Programmer
Oct 29, 2001
US
I have an Excel sheet linked to an Access database.

There is a combo box on a form in the database and its Row Source is the linked Excel sheet. The first column in the Excel sheet is numeric, the remaining 3 fields are text.

When the combo box is clicked, only the numeric field will show in the drop down, the text fields appear blank. I have the column count set correctly, as well as the widths, and the combo box is bound to the first column.

I have also tried this with the Excel sheet having all text fields and none of the values are visible in the combo box based on the Excel sheet.

I believe I have used this in the past succesfully.

Why won't this work? Has something changed in how Excel sheets link into Access?

Ed

Hi Jutrased,
I just duplicated what you have ( a linked excel table) in ms access 2003 (and ms excel 2003) and found no problem. First column is numeric, second is text field. Did you check the bound table to see if it has filled all the columns?

Pampers [afro]
Keeping it simple can be complicated

How are Jutrased . . .

In parallel with [blue]Pampers[/blue] I've performed the same duplication in A2k. No Problemo!

Perhaps if you delete & reconstitute the combobox?

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Be sure to see thread181-473997
Also faq181-2886

Thanks, I tried redoing the combo box. Also tried it with several other Excel files with the same result.

I was recently 'volunteered' by my company to test Office 2003 SP3. I just tried this on a non-SP3 computer and it worked fine.

By any chance are either of you using SP3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back