Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing Toolbar in Access 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

GGDT

Technical User
Sep 4, 2006
GB
I have a user who is missing the Menu Bar in MS Access.

When I right click on his other toolbar and select Customise the Menu Bar does not appear as an option in the list so I cant tick it to restore it!

Any ideas what I need to do in Access to restore this?

Alternatively is there a standard template that MS Access uses (like normal.dot in Word) which I can copy to this users machine to rectify the problem? If so what is is's file name and where would I find it?

Thanks in advance....

Are you 100% positive that it wasn't moved somewhere else on the screen? It's very easy to drag any toolbar or the menubar anywhere within the Access.

It doesnt appear to have moved anywhere else on the screen and, if it had, it would still appear as an option when you click on Customise.

The Menu Bar doesnt appear as an option at all in the list of toolbars you can select which suggests to me that it's somehow been deleted?

It was likely disabled by code. If so, go to Visual Basic Editor and display 'Immediate' window. Execute here:
Code:
Application.CommandBars("Menu Bar").Enabled=True

combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back