Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing Stations! HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArchibaldJCox

Vendor
Mar 22, 2004
US
Hello all:

I have a site running CM 2.1 software. If I "list stations" then I get a list of 733 stations. If I "list extension-type" I get 733 entires of type "station-user" If I look at "display capacities" it says I have 1156 stations. If I look at "list config all" I see I have 1156 station ports in use. Strange -- right?

So I look at my stations list vs. my config all and find some of the in-use ports that don't show up in my stations list. I do a "display port 01A0601" and it says it's "Station 924" I "display station 924" and it actually shows me a 2500 port! I can't list it ANYWHERE, but I can display it. I look at my dialplan and it says "9" is the ARS FAC! That's the only entry for "9".

I don't understand how these stations are working (if they are at all, as I'm remote and cannot test) and I really need to be able to list them so I can put them in a spreadsheet for my customer. What am I missing?!

Thanks,
Arch

have you tried list extension?

José

Please let me know if this was helpful

There is a know issue with this, if in the dialplan analysis you have extension ranges that are not consequetive this can happen. For eg.:

Dialed St. Length Type
71 3 ext
73 3 ext
75 3 ext

this could cause extensions starting with 75x not to be listed. If this is the case here, then there is a patch for this, contact Avaya or a Businesspartner.

The fact that "9" is the ARS dial code and you have stations starting with 9xx is serious, this could mean that the translation file is corrupted. In this case call Avaya.

Petran.

Petran:

That sounds like the issue. It's not just 9XX stations, it's also EVERY 3-digit extension range. I'll contact the vendor and see if they can take care of the patch issue.

Thanks,
Arch

Jolagues:

I did use the "list extension-type" command and the stations are not showing up in the list.

Arch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back