Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing sharepoint toolbar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sybock

IS-IT--Management
Nov 25, 2010
NZ
Hi All,

Our specs:
Sharepoint 2.0 CompanyWeb English
Running on Server 2003

We are missing the Sharepoint tool bar with the Home option on it. We were using Sharepoint Designer 2007 to make modifications to default.aspx and suspect that may be the cause.

Is there a simple way to recover the toolbar on all the pages.

Any thoughts welcome.

Just to add,

I did a source compare on the default.aspx file with the original I backed up. I found the following statements were omitted...

44 <!--webbot bot="Navigation"
45 S-Type="sequence"
46 S-Orientation="horizontal"
47 S-Rendering="html"
48 S-Btn-Nml="<a ID='onettopnavbar#LABEL_ID#' href='#URL#' accesskey='J'>#LABEL#</a>"
49 S-Btn-Sel="<a ID='onettopnavbar#LABEL_ID#' href='#URL#' accesskey='J'>#LABEL#</a>"
50 S-Btn-Sep="&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;&amp;nbsp;"
51 B-Include-Home="FALSE"
52 B-Include-Up="FALSE"
53 S-Btn-Nobr="FALSE"
54 U-Page="sid:1002" 55 S-Target startspan --><!--webbot bot="Navigation" i-checksum="0" endspan --> 56 </td>

Do the statements relate to the home and other menu options that are now missing?

I am little nervous to just put these statements back in case I get deeper in a mess.

Welcome your thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back