Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MISSING REMOTE DESKTOP OPTIONS??

Status
Not open for further replies.

cryptonic

Technical User
Jan 6, 2008
i have a problem and wondering if anyone here has a solution.... situation:i have windows xp sp2 on my desktop pc. windows xp sp2 on my laptop. linksys wireless router networking them with cable access. logged in with admin user. trying to set up so i can use windows remote desktop to control my desktop pc with my laptop, but my desktop pc doesnt have the remote desktop options. i have the remote tab in my system settings, but right underneath the remote assistance settings where the remote desktop settings settings should be, it is just empty. is there anyway to restore these settings to this spot or any suggestions??

Remote Desktop is not available in XP Home edition.

nice. and no workarounds to add it to my home edition im wondering?

That's the client, not the host. No, there's no way to add the host application to XP Home.

There are numerous VNC options that will work to remote into an XP Home system.

Yes. i had already tried the microsoft link, but it says that i already have the client terminal service on my pc. so, since no workarounds, i guess i will resort to a non-microsoft VNC as suggested. thanks for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back