Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing Records

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbhsuman

Technical User
Nov 11, 2003
US
Using CR9

I am having a problem with my report not displaying some records. I have checked the raw data and it meets the criteria of the report but yet they do not get included in the report. The missing records seem to be random and typically towards the end of the report.

Has anyone else run into this problem?

Thanks

Joe

Yes. This may happen if Crystal does not agree that the records meet the creteria. Try to drop the creteria and select all records, if you now see your missing records, that's probaly the case. Example: you select all records starting with letter "A", but there are records that have space as first character, like " ABERDEEN" instead of "ABERDEEN". When checking visually it can be difficult to recognize that the record does not meet the criteria.

Thank you for your response. I thought of that but in this instance, the values are written to the table programatically and should not have the problem you described. I will check again to see if there was an error.

Thanks

Joe

Please provide some technical information, such as:

Crystal version
Database used and connectivity (using the wrong ODBC driver causes inconsistent results, use CR supplied ODBC driver when possible)
example data
record selection formula (report->Edit selection formula->Record)
SQL passed (Database->Show SL Query)

-k

Hi all!

I'm using Crystal 4.6 and VB6, the first record always missing when it come to prview or print, why?

Private Sub CmdPROCEED_Click()
CR1.SQLQuery = "Select * from CUSTOMER_FILE"
CR1.Action = 0
End Sub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back