Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing Records on Crystal Report from Notes View

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynchg

Programmer
Nov 5, 2003
US
For some reason certain records are being dropped from the report. I am using CR 11.5 (R2), with a Lotus Notes 7 view as the datasource for a report, I am using an ODBC connection with the Notes SQL Driver 3.02 to connect to this view. When I go directly into Notes and look at the view I can see all of the records (documents), but not all of them show on the report even though I have removed all of the record selection criteria.

I also created a brand new report (a simple dump of all of the fields and records in the view w/o any selection criteria), linking to the same source with the same ODBC connection, the result was the same. Initially there was just one record missing, then my user created another record in the source database that was immediately visible in the view but did not show up on the report after refreshing the data.

I tried logging off and logging back onto the server, resetting the datasource location back to the same datasource, getting out and then back into Notes and Crystal, rebooting, all with no change in the result. I had a Notes admin examine the properties of the view and of each specific record that doesn't appear on the report, he couldn't see any reason why they wouldn't appear.

Are there view properties or properties of individual documents within a view that might prevent certain records from appearing on a report? I have a lot of Crystal experience but virtually none with Notes databases, I don't really know how to approach this problem.

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Hi lynchg,

Did you ever get to the bottom of this?

-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back