Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing records in DAPs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistervague

Programmer
Dec 13, 2001
US
Folks, I'm having a seroious problem with DAPs in Access2002 that use anything but the smallest recordsets. Perhaps one of the more knowledgeable members could help me sort it out.

The first time I open IE and load the page, it works fine - All records are present. If I click to another page, then click back (or just reload it), about 100 records (of about 700) will be missing. Even worse, if I click to the LAST set using the ">" or ">|", it says something like "Customers 580-582 of 671." Click ">" again, and IE crashes. If I close IE and wait a few minutes until I try again, then it works once.

I pretty sure it's NOT:
Because it's actually in Access2000 format,
Because the relationships are set up wrong,
A virus,
Permissions within my queries are messed up,
An Access bug, or
Because I'm using Jet Engine, not SQL Desktop Engine

Maybe it has something do to with:
Chaching somewhere,
Timeout / refresh settings,
The recordset size,
A memory limitation problem, or
Some record-locking and unlocking issue.

Any guidance would be greatly appreicated! Thanks!

Apparently it's better to create a query yourself, then create your data access pages in Design mode, then it is to use the Wizard to include the tables directly.

When I did this, everything started working again. So beware of using the Wizard to include fields from tables, as opposed to fields from queries.

I'm not 100% sure that this is the exact cause of the problem, but I know for me it turned out to be a good solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back