Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing Recently opened Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

elbergeron

Technical User
Jun 11, 2004
CA
I'm having a problem with my Excel 2000. My recently opened workbooks don't always show up in the list under "File", even though I've checked off to show the last 9 opened. The odd thing is that some of them do! It almost seems that if they are in sub-directories, they are no-shows, any help?

Lance
[3eyes]

No, it shuts down fine, I've recently up(down)graded to Windows XP Home. [cencored]

1. Sub-directories? Could you please, as much as possible, elaborate on that? Why do you think so? Can you test this by opening some files in various folders?

2. Have any of the missing files been opened through Outlook (ie. opening them as an attachment)?

Gerry

Hi Gerry, here's the scoop. The files are located in:

C:\Documents & Settings\User\My Documents\Timesheets\Timesheets 2004\Timesheets 06-2004\*.xls

When I open a file in the Timesheets 06-2004\ directory, while I am working on it, it shows up as Line 1 in the recently opened as 1 BC Timesheet Summary 06192004.xls

Below it are the other 8 "recently" opened. Once I save my work and re-open excel, Line 1 is now what appeared on line 2 in the Recently opened, etc.

If I open a file any directory earlier, eg \Timesheets\Lance.xls or \Timesheets 2004\Lance Expense June.xls, The file stays in the Recently opened list.

I guess I'm too sub-catagorized for Excel!?!

Could you please try the same so I know I'm not bonkers?

Thanks, Lance
[sadeyes]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back