Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing queries when merging with Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

edsearl

Programmer
May 8, 2002
US
Why are queries missing when I try to mail merge a word document to my access database?

Are they parameter queries? Do they have criteria?

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

I had previously created the Word document (a letter) to look to the Access database to fill in certain information in the letter by running a query in the database. The query does have criteria set. (e.g., a date field allows the user to enter a time frame.....such as all records entered between 10/1/07 and 10/31/07). This process was working fine until the database file had to be moved to a new shared drive. The Word document now can no longer find the database file. When I choose the option to "Find Data Source", I'm able to find my database file, but I can't get to the queries within the database. I had this problem once before in the old version of Access, and all I had to do was go into Access, choose Tools, Options, General, and tick Confirm Conversion. This is no longer an option on the General tab in the most recent version of Access.

Do you see the tables? Would you see a query with a simple syntax like:
SELECT * FROM tblMyTable;

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]

I'm only seeing SOME of the tables. I tried creating a new query and it still didn't show up. The query has simple syntax...qryAPPLY.

I'm at a loss without being able to see which tables and queries are present or missing or view the SQL properties. I generally push data from Access into merge format files. Then Word uses the files rather than Access.

Duane MS Access MVP

I am currently rewriting an access database in MS Access 2007. I use word to print letters out to clients and use the database as the data provider or source. In the past I have used mail merge and picked the database as a data source. When I try to pick the mail merge query from the access database from a word document, the query is not appearing in the list. The query is based on several tables and has a selection criteria. This worked before in previous versions of access. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back