Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

report2000

Technical User
Mar 1, 2005
US
I have a report that has 9 pages.
I just ran the report and wheb I am trying to browse the pages the pages that I see if 1,2,5,6,7,8,9
Missing Pages 3 and 4.
I do not get any error, Just the pages are not there even though I can see them in my design section of the report

How are you defining your pages? It doesn't sound like you have inserted a page number in the page footer and that you are missing pages numbered 3 and 4 (I don't think that's possible). So you must have certain groups or sections that you expect to see that you aren't seeing. It would help if you explained your report structure, groups, etc. You should also check in the section expert to see if certain sections you are expecting to see are being suppressed or conditionally suppressed.

-LB

On your top right hand corner you have a arrow that you can click to see next page or jump to the last page of your report. (Lets assume I do not have any page numbers in my report - I checked and I am missing some pages)
No when I click on the first arrow, "Go to next page" it does the following:
(1) goes from page one to page two
(2) After I click again comes back to page 1 (Not page three)- Goes back to previos page
(3) After I click on the arrow that will show the last page, it takes me to page 9 of my report. From there I can browse the pages backwards until page 5. If I click one more time on the forst arrow, It jumps to page to page one.
(4) I did not supress anything, have no grouping and the reports are placed in Page footer of the report (for each different section I inserted a new report footer)
(5) It was working perfectly until yesterday afternnon. Suddenly started acting like this.

Are you using subreports placed in the report footer? I don't think you meant you were placing subreports in a page footer (if you did place them in the page footer, you probably shouldn't have). If you are only using the report footer sections, then suppress the detail section. Not sure what the problem could be otherwise.

-LB

Sorry I placed them in report footer.
I fixed the problem by just creating a new report and copying and pasting all the section into the new report.
It works now.
CR10 probably has a bug or something. I never seen this problem before so it worked somehow.

Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back