Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing 'msador15.dll' version 6.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

CuckooNut

MIS
Oct 22, 2009
US
Hi everyone,

I have an Access 2007 database that has been working perfectly - until now. I was provided with a new computer at work, and now whenever I try to open the database, I get the following error:

"Your Microsoft Office Access database or project contains a missing or broken reference to the file 'msador15.dll' version 6.0"

I don't know if it makes a difference or not, but the database was developed on a system running Windows Vista, and the new computer runs Windows 7.

Any advice on how to fix this problem?

Thanks!

Ok, I found the answer. Basically, what it came down to was that Windows 7 stores the msador15.dll file in the 32-bit system folder. Here is the default path:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\System\ado\msador15.dll

Note that it is located in "Program Files (x86)", rather than in the expected "Program Files". In Windows 7, "Program Files (x86)" is where the 32-bit system files are stored, whereas "Program Files" is where the 64-bit system files are stored.

Here is what I had to do to fix it:

1. In the Visual Basic Editor, go to Tools -> References.

2. In the "Available References" box, uncheck the reference that is prefixed with "MISSING".

3. Click "Browse"

4. Browse to the path mentioned above and select that file

5. Make sure it is checked in the "Available References" box

6. That's all!

One other side note: When I first tried to do this, I followed all of the above steps, but as soon as I closed Access and reopened, everything was back to the way it was before, so the problem continued. Then I realized that, somewhere, somehow, my Design Master had been converted into a Replica. Once I converted it back to the Design Master, the above changes stuck. My database is working again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back