Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing Mailboxes

Status
Not open for further replies.

SQLScholar

Programmer
Aug 21, 2002
GB
Hey all,

I have a few old accounts where the AD user has the mailbox attributes that i expect, and all the exchange tabs.

However they are missing a mailbox in exchange. I have tried to delete and recreate mailbox - still no mailbox appears.

Any ideas?

Dan

----------------------------------------

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss

Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes - EW Dijkstra

Was there ever anything in the mailbox? The maibox isn't created or "instanced" until you send a message to it or it is accessed by a client. Once you create the mailbox, try sending a test message or "welcome" message to it ...

XMSRE

If the user goes into outlook they are getting a message saying along the lines of "cannot find mailbox".

Normally this would also initiate a create mailbox (as does receiving a mail) this didnt.

Only way i can get them to work is to delete the non existant mailbox and recreate.

What now concerns me is how many other ones there are like this? I have no idea how to find out.....

Dan

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Dr. Seuss

Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes - EW Dijkstra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back