Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

missing letters when I type 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luckyfour

Technical User
Feb 7, 2000
CA
I'm having this sporadic problem. I'm missing certain letters when I type such as "g" so, when I spell, missing, there won't be a "g". This will show up in Outlook, Word, etc. Also, the numbers on the left of the keyboard can be effected. This has happened a couple of times and I have no idea what is wrong. Once, when I rebooted it worked for awhile and now is not working again.

No, it's a computer built by a store about 4 years ago and upgraded to XP about 4 months ago. This problem started a couple of weeks ago.

I suspect a new keyboard is in order. You could take it apart a clean the circuit board.

Thanks...would that be with WD40?? Maybe I should just buy a new keyboard......

Thanks bcastner....I was joking about the WD40. I'll have a look at keyboards. Any recommendations? I have a Logitech Internet one now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back