Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

missing index node pointer

Status
Not open for further replies.

lokesh123

Programmer
Jun 14, 2001
US
Hi I am getting this error message during error ehecking on the informix tables. Can anyone tell me when does this error come? and what I need to do to fix it.?

Hi,

Can you please elaborate your problem. If possible kindly give the Error Number.

G.R.P.

Hi,

Can you please elaborate your problem. If possible kindly give the Error Number.

It might be back because of corruption in Index tables. Backup your table and drop & recreate the index.

G.R.P.

Eloborating a little on that. I am getting this error during backup. I haven't written this shell program program but this user written backup program transfers all isql errors into an output file during backup execution. I got this error in that log file. Now I am not sure what generated this error.

Can you please tell me how you are taking backup. Give the shell script file if possible which will give clear idea of what exactly it is doing.

G.R.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back