Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing Icons PN MF1.8

Status
Not open for further replies.

houghl

IS-IT--Management
Jun 13, 2001
GB
Hi

3 * Metaframe 1.8 Server + Master Browser

I am having trouble with a published PN and users getting no icons, i have followed the Citrix advise found elsewhere which starts as follows with about 20 more steps but no joy

1. From the command line, run Qserver /serverfarm to see if the server farm is displaying.

I did have it at one point where if a user had this problem i could disable logons on 2 of the servers and force them to the first they would then get icons after ditching there profile, but now even this has stopped. Users who dont have to recreate their pofile are ok so i dont think its a problem with the published apps or there permissions.

If i watch the processes on the citrix server i get a PNSTUB.EXE procese which launches but doesnt complete i guess this is the screen which usually gets them to log in to the application set. If i kill these processes then they just get recreated when the user logs on again.

Any siuggestions would be appreciated

thankyou [pipe]

Ok just just adding more info.

We use WYSE Winterms and EIZO eClients it is when you logon from one of these devices that the problem is apparent. If i log on as the user from a PC client then all their icons appear first time, so i doubt that it is related to permissions in any way.

Its getting to the point where users are phoning the helpdesk staff now, which means i get it in the neck.

So any ideas guys? [afro]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back