Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing Historical Data 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamminjaymeyer

Programmer
May 23, 2001
US
Every now and then the histbd.mdb will stop gathering data. Not sure why, but does anyone know of a way to "rerun" a data dump that was lost. I am betting there is not a way but it is worth a try. :)

Are you talking about CMS..if so..

go into CMS from ASA, then go to SYSTEM SETUP,DATA SUMMARIZING, choose Daily, Weekly or Monthly and choose RUN

Derek

[Started on Version 3 software 15 years a go]

Sorry I am not sure. I was just handed the histdb.mdb and told to write reports. I will ask the users if they know how to get into the CMS, any tips that you can give to help me send them in the correct direction?

I hear them talking about the BCMS, is that the same thing, very sorry for my ignorance.

CMS isn't the same, as you have BCMSVu or now known as BCMSRD. I have heard of Network based virus scanners scanning a pc while Bcmsvu was running writing to the histdb.mdb file and it stopped gathering data, or if the hard drive was full it may stop it. You can manually run Download Historical data but it will only pick up data for the last 24 hours as it comes from the BCMS data which is available on the switch. If you go thru Options on the menu of the Server software you will see the 'Download Historical data ' option on the drop down.

When you say this:
If you go thru Options on the menu of the Server software you will see the 'Download Historical data ' option on the drop down.

Will that be on the BCMS computer or will that be on the phone switch?

Thanks again.
Jason

That is on the BCMSVu server, not on the phone switch.
Cheers

Ralph

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back