Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing Fonts in 7.2 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiwi4brad

Technical User
May 16, 2007
US
This is maddening. When I generate a book file, I get error messages that two files--the title page and the index--cannot be opened and are missing fonts. This halts the generation of the book file unless I open both files with the missing fonts.

Only after I open the flies, save them, and then close them, can I generate the book file without error messages. However, this does not fix the problem. The next time I open the book file, the problem reappears!

I've looked for missing fonts EVERYWHERE: Body pages, Reference pages, Master pages, headers, footers, paragraph tags, character tags, PostScript source, but I cannot locate anything anywhere that specifies a missing font.

These book files did generate OK at one time. I haven't removed any font files.

Please, does anyone have any solutions or troubleshooting ideas?

Thank you

I'm running into the same problem, only the only way I can get the book to update is to have the "offending" file open during the update.

Some of this nonsense is really starting to get on my nerves. If I had wanted an unpredictable authoring tool, I would have stuck with Word.

I had a similar problem after upgrading a dozen or so technical writers to Framemaker 7.2. The fonts were unavailable in the Framemaker upgrade so each time the document was opened the fonts would be changed to available fonts. A solution for us was to identify the missing fonts from FM and to source the fonts and place them in the Windows Font Folder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back