Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing File

Status
Not open for further replies.

coastalstang

Technical User
Nov 24, 2002
GB
Hi
Can anyone help please

When I boot up i get a message that says windows can't find this file ASPIENUM.VXD and asks if i have deleted it on purpose if so reinstall but i can't find it to reinstall this file.

Also since i done a smart restore my internet dial up box will not save my password i have been into settings and retyped it but still doesn't want to save it.

Help Coastalstang

Hi, - Its a long time since I used win 98 but why not try inserting the 98 CD and when it boots just close the window or click on exit.
Now click start - search - search in "D" drive providing D is your CD drive and then type in the missing file that you need.

Mel in the UK

Run SFC and have your Win98 disc ready and it will install the missing file for you by following the prompts.

Easiest - Reinstall the program then uninstall it properly in the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel, then restart your computer or (harder), modify the file (system.ini) by inserting a semi-colon (;) at the start (far left) of the line asociated with this error.

Emachines, Celeron 600, 256 Mb RAM, 30 Gb HDD, ADSL.

That's a Win ME driver according to Google.
Do a registry search for that name and delete all entries BUT if you have Win ME goto the Win ME Tek Tips section.
Hope you fix it.

I'm running WinME and did a search on my Hard Drive and ASPIENUM.VXD is is not on my system and therefore it's not a WinMe file!

Emachines, Celeron 600, 256 Mb RAM, 30 Gb HDD, ADSL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back