Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing File Open Dialog Filter Drop down in system

Status
Not open for further replies.

mtrasp

Programmer
Jun 15, 2009
US
one of my end user is trying to attach xlsx files but strangely she is missing filter drop down in her system.
where can i change the settings in Operating System to see the filter drop down 
Missing filter drop down as showed in below image
[Filter Drop down missing]
redir

This is windows application written in C#.operating System is win7

Running a System File Check (sfc /scannow) in an elevated command window on the affected machine would be the first thing to try.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Time flies like an arrow, however, fruit flies like a banana.
Webmaster Forum

The screen shot that you've attached shows that the user is trying to attach a folder. You can't attach a folder, never could as far as I know.

What the user has to do is double click on the "Files" folder and then they'll be able to select each file individually, or hold CTRL or SHIFT down and select either specific files (CTRL) or a block of files (SHIFT).

If there are other folders beneath the "Files" folder then they'll have to drill down until they come to the files that they wish to attach.

Hope this helps.

Please help us help you. Read Tek-Tips posting polices before posting.
Canadian members check out Tek-Tips in Canada for socializing, networking, and anything non-technical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back