Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing field in SCREEN will not let me rebuild exe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2002
US
Ok, I'm not a Foxpro user, just trying to maintain a few apps that were done in Foxpro before I got here. I have been doing MS Access stuff for years.

When I try to rebuild the EXE file for this application, I get a missing field error for the SCREEN that's in this app. I can't seem to get in and edit the screen either.

Suggestions on how I can fix this?

It sounds like someone has created the screen, then removed the table field that was displayed on the screen. You will most likely have to either do a MODIFY SCREEN to change the screen, or hack the screen table itself to remove the reference to the data field. What exactly do you mean by "I can't seem to get in and edit the screen either." ?

Dave S.

If I click on the screen I want to edit and click EDIT, I get the "MEMO" file is missing or invalid. I also tried typing MODIFY SCREEN etc and got the same thing.

So how does one hack the screen table then?

Thanks

Jim

You first need to 'fix' the memo file for the screen. There is a MyScreen.SCX and an associated MyScreen.sxt for each screen file. The .SCT file is the memo file you are getting the error from. If you have a backup of the files, start with restoring those. If not, try some of the suggestions in this thread:

thread182-242727

These may repair the memo file. If you are still unable to access it, you will have to recreate it.

Dave S.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back