Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing FATRX batch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBresnan

Technical User
Jun 23, 2010
US
One of my users ran depreciation, and ran the GL Posting process for Fixed assets. The assets are depreciated, and when i run the reconcile to GL report (and the financial detail inquiry) i'm seeing an FATRX batch associated with the depreciation transaction. However, it didn't post to the correct account, and i can't find that batch anywhere in the Originating Source TRX when i run a financial smartlist. Also, it's not an open batch. In my experience, if the batch was deleted, it wouldn't show up in either the inquiry or the report, right? i think i'll check out my checklinks options, but thought i'd run it up the flagpole, since it's odd...

What you're describing sounds like the batch was deleted from the General Ledger after the Fixed Assets GL Posting routine was ran and before the batch was posted in the GL. :-( Unless it is still sitting there in the GL unposted? Did you check for that and that's what you mean by 'it's not an open batch'? Sometimes I find it easier to look in the SY00500 table in the company database - this will have all the unposted batches in the company.

If it was deleted, sometimes you can track this down by finding a missing GL journal entry number in the sequence. If this happened, the workaround would be to manually re-enter the GL transaction.

Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP 2005 - 2013
Use Crystal Reports and SSRS with GP:
blog:

that's what i was thinking, does the missing batch in the "financial detail inquiry" mean that posting hasn't been run at all for that transaction? or that it has been run and deleted?

the more i think about it, the more i think that means it wasn't run at all... (obviously, there has not been much oversight to the FA process in parts of my company)

Sorry,

So on the Fixed Assets Financial Detail Inquiry window the Batch Number field is blank? That would mean the GL Posting routine was not run, or not run for the right period.

Victoria Yudin
Dynamics GP MVP 2005 - 2013
Use Crystal Reports and SSRS with GP:
blog:

no this particular situation had a batch listed, but I came across other issues by the same person where it was blank. I assumed blank meant deleted, but it makes more sense that it just hasn't been run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back