Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing/dropped recurring instances

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lochbel

Technical User
Dec 5, 2002
AU
I am running CE9.

I have noticed that several of my scheduled reports no longer have a recurring instance in the eportfolio History view. The reports still attempt to run, but fail due "object has insufficient security priviliges".

I can see this only on about a dozen report, the remainder (150) seem ok.

Has anyone experienced this before?

Lochbel

These may not be directly related.

In the CMC, recurring instances may be set for X days old, or number of instances. If you've exceeded the days, you'll lose them.

Insufficient privileges sounds like the person who scheduled them no longer has the right to schedule those reports.

Or it may be that the person doesn't have rights to run nor view instances.

Log in as the Administrator and see if you can run them. Then check the settings in CMC.

-k

Thanks Synapse,
The recurring instance to which i refer is the record that "holds" the schedule, rather than the generated instances.

I can set up a new schedule (under admin)and run the reports without any problems.... it just appears that my original schedule record(s) (under admin) have disappeared, yet the application still tries to run the report(s). Odd.

Your comments, as always, helpful.

Lochbel

A recurring schedule has an end date. Maybe that date has passed? But what is the application that is trying to run the reports? Another user, requesting them on demand?

I have also found this problem. Scheduled instances are not shown in eportfolio and in manager history yet the reports run as scheduled.

I have found that when I create a new scheduled instance...the one that didn't show no longer runs.

This has happened on several of my reports.

Kind of strange.

Lochbel: One contract running CE 8.5 had these same ghosted jobs. Eventually the CE server started hanging and we went through a full reinstall (after many other attempts to repair it).

Make sure that you're backing up your database (they didn't) and that you've applied the latest service pack as it resolved many problems for us.

-k

Thanks all,
I have rescheduled the errant reports with no apparent ill effects.

Hopefully just a once off, not sure what triggered it.

Lochbel

Has anyone found the exact cause of this failure? Is there something specific in SP2 for CE9 that rectifies this situation? Any ideas on what I can do to prevent this from happening? I'm having the same issue. I don't see the schedules running without the recurrance, but this may be due to the fact that additional schedules are added frequently to the same report with the amount of users we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back