Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing Dll 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missbarbara

Technical User
Jul 23, 2003
GB
I've just re-installed Photoshop CS in a new XP Pro install.

Having saved all of my extra Plugins and pasted them over, I expected some missing file errors on Loading Photoshop as some Plugins simply need re-installing but I have one error that really puzzles me as the head relates to 'Photoshop.exe'

It reports a missing dll file - 'Gear32PD.dll' and suggest re-installing.

I completely uninstalled CS and reinstalled it again - and this error still appears.

oddly, once I've clicked the OK button to this error, the programme still continues to load ok.

Any Ideas?

Barbara

The file you are missing belongs to a Caere application possibly OCR like Omnipage. Do you have a Visioneer Scanner attached to your PC? If so, you may want to try reinstalling any Caere applications you have or had.

Thank You traycee & bcastner,

I have no idea as regards Paperport but I assume it can relate to scanning software. My Scanner is a Medion which I was given and it was a real issue getting the right drivers - but very worthwhile.

When I used Photoshop in my previous Install this was never an issue and I' now trying to recall what I did different when I installed my scanner then.

Barbara

Have you searched for this file on your machine to see if it is located anywhere. Make sure Search is preferenced via (Advanced Options) to search hidden files and folders and system folders.

If you find it hiding somewhere, copy it to the folder of the program missing it and also the System32 folder.

See what happens if you reregister the Dll.
Run the following from start/run: Press OK after entry.

regsvr32 Gear32PD.dll

Reinstall your plugins properly.

My System is setup for full file access as I require full control over sll system files.

I have actually discovered what the issue is now.

When re-installing Photoshop into a fresh OS install, to save time I copied in the old plugins folder which meant that there would only re a few major plugind for full reinstall.
Amongst the files I copied in was the one the keeps the current Twain Data. I have in fact got two scanners showing in my Twain selction options when in fact only one is installed. The missing scanner instalation was one I had originaly tried to resolve a scanner issue but it came with no uninstall utility and so iu had left it in situ.

The dll file now showing as a loading error within Photoshop was part of the unrequired scanner softwares OCR utility.

Barbara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back