Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

missing dll to import text files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

junebug12

IS-IT--Management
Jan 8, 2002
US
Hi! I had to reinstall Office 97 on one computer. After the install, Access couldn't import anymore text files.I cannot view any txt or csv and not even 'all files' shows up when I try to import. All I get is "Access database", ODBC.....etc. I install Access 2000 on this machine. It works fine with Access 2000 but in Access 97, I get the same thing. I've install MDAC 2.7, Jet Engine 4, and all the data components in setup. I tried to uninstall and reinstall but get the same thing. Any clue? need to get this thing working for the end user.
thanks a bunch.

You've either missed a selection for data conversion when you installed Office '97, or there will be another install setup program for data conversion on the cd.

I'm on 2000, can't remember for '97.

Use 'Add/Remove Programs' in Control Panel for Office '97 and you WILL see that you haven't installed something like 'Converters and Filters'.

You can always tell from the installer 'tree-structure' whether some components are not installed by it's colour - white / grey.

Sorry if you've covered this already, but double-check anyway 'cos it can't really be anything else.

"Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level - then beat you with experience."

Thanks. I've tried that already. This really is making me angry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back