Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MISSING DATA

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabineri

Programmer
Jun 20, 2001
US
I am using VB6 and CR7. Frequently a previewed report will be missing much of the data that it should have. I have added a Refresh button to the previewed report and when refreshed, the data shows up.

How do I have all the data show WITHOUT having to have the user refresh the report? Why wouldn't it show all the data since it clearly is there.

Thanks for any advice on this.

David Abineri

Make sure the report is not saved with data (an option under the File menu in Crystal).

Cheers,
- Ido

CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

It is saved without data. Would there be any other cause of this situation?

Thanks for your response. David Abineri

My apologies, they were inadvertently saved with data so that will probably fix things up.

Thanks again, David Abineri

Hello,

I am having issues with data not showing with crosstabs. I have tried saving with AND without data. It is dropping data off but the chart which points to the cross tab shows all the data. Any help would be appreciated

Is the CrossTab formatted with a TopN / Sort Group option?

If so, make sure you set the N to a number larger than the expected number of rows.

Cheers,
- Ido

CUT, Visual CUT, and DataLink Viewer:
view, e-mail, export, burst, distribute, and schedule Crystal Reports.

Thank you for your response. Unfortunately, that was never set. There are two options for the filter I am setting. If I set it to the first option data is returned for all 13 months. If I set it to the other option (there is data in the table for both options for all 13 months) it only returns a portion of data and just stops in the middle. If I remove the filter all together it returns 6 months worth of data.

DavidA,

I am using the same setup and have experienced this sort of thing (in my case the report was completely blank!). It turned out to be a timing thing, the data was not fully committed to the database before the report was shown. I have found that if you do a sleep(1000) just before the report is shown, then all should be OK.

Hope it helps

George

Thank you very much. This resolved the issue.

Additionally, if you add a details section with all fields that are displayed on the crosstab report and suppress the detail section it will resolve the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back