Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing Cursor 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott24x7

Programmer
Jul 12, 2001
JP
Hi All,
I have noticed from time to time when I'm working in the IDE after running the app to test, when it returns control to VFP the cursor disappears.
I tried things like CLOSE ALL, CLEAR ALL, CLEAR but it doesn't make the cursor come back. Is there some way to get it to reappear without closing VFP and starting it again?

This happens when normal control, and not some kind of crash or anything, I am not sure why it vanishes.

Best Regards,
Scott
MIET, MASHRAE, CDCP, CDCS, CDCE, CTDC, CTIA, ATS

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, and no simpler."[hammer]

Hi Olaf,
Yeah, it's not an issue of the cursor being out of view, it just is not at all visible.
If I click at the end of a line in the command window, I can't see where the cursor is (and this is part of the issue, because I want to execute an existing line, or maybe put my cursor into the line to make some modification, but I can't tell where it's landing).
The only "fix" I've found for it so far is to click anywhere outside VFP. Even directly onto the Windows Desktop and back in to the command window makes the cursor reappear.
It's like if VFP "loses focus", and then get's it back, the cursor is reinstated. Weird.

Best Regards,
Scott
MIET, MASHRAE, CDCP, CDCS, CDCE, CTDC, CTIA, ATS

"Everything should be made as simple as possible, and no simpler."[hammer]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back