Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missing call history after upgrade MiVB to R9.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTer85

Systems Engineer
May 12, 2021
US
I'm running a clustered virtual MiVB that we upgraded to R9.1. After the upgrade the users are no longer seeing the call history on their phones. The old call history was still showing on my test phone but no new call history is being saved for any calls inbound/outbound. I verified under System Options the Call History default records is set to 20 and the Call History: Disable Record Generator is set to no. I verified we are seeing SMDR. I also tried to reboot the MiVB and then performed a system restore on the MiVB from the previous R8 backup prior to the upgrade. After both the upgrade and the restore I receive a message on the MiVB that some database info may not have restored. I'm not seeing anything in specific in the maintenance logs with what went wrong. Any ideas what this may be referring to and/or how to track down what may have failed?

You only have a time limited chance on viewing what was missing on the restore. The Command is Type *.DR.LOGFILE_1

It will only work the day of the upgrade and the file is erased as part of a daily maintenance routine over night.

Is it new History events that you are missing or old ones. Also what set type as most these days do not follow the call history records limitation.

@kwbMitel Thank you, I checked the logfile. I see plenty of instances referring to extensions as "entry contains out of range data" and "Duplicate Call History record not allowed." I checked several of the extensions in the list and they have a max call record at 20 which is the default. I am not sure how I'd have to change/adjust these.

My extension which is part of a multi-device group is a "no device." The softphone I am testing with is a "5020." Both extensions have the max record set to 20 as well.

This is the new call history which is not being displayed/stored. I saw my old call history from before the upgrade until I cleared out the UC folder from my MiCollab client.

Just a thought, can you compare Dimension Selection form of the old and new load and make sure they are the same. Chances are the dimensions were modified at some point and when upgrading you didn’t realise this. I have been caught out a few times especially when the system was inherited from another vendor.

Clever men learns what Wise men shares!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back