Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missed Call Log

Status
Not open for further replies.

84Mike

Technical User
Nov 8, 2005
US
So, I found the instructions in FAQ for missed call log on 8400 series phones. I followed all the steps, and could not make it work. This was about 6 months ago. It never worked, until today, that is. And, it only worked once! Can't make it happen again! I am calling in on the same number, and no success. When I look at cdr record, it looks exactly the same for test calls as it did for the call that worked, with the only difference being the number called from. Has anyone else had this problem? I had just given up on it, but left the settings in place. Suddenly, it works once, then never again?

Okay, so after some testing, I have found that if the call goes to voicemail, apparently the system does not consider this a missed call? I setup a bogus coverage path on my phone that would get wave off when it went to cover, and the messages are appearing in LWC. But, if the coverage path goes to voicemail, there is no message in LWC. Does this work the same for other people using LWC for missed call log?

I recently started playing with this option. I find it is confusing when my message waiting lamp is on, I don't always have a voice mail message or after I listen to voice mail the lamp goes out but later it's back on until I Manually delete the missed message indication.

So, even when the call goes to voicemail, the LWC still stores a message? Mine is not working that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back