Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Missed call list and Polycom phones

Status
Not open for further replies.

telnettech

Vendor
May 5, 2005
US
I have an asterisk 1.2.24 system that has polycom model 501 phones. On certain phones, we want the missed call list to be blank. There are VIP phone numbers that we dont want everybody that answers the incoming calls to have access to. Is there a way to do this per device or even for the whole system.

Thanks in advance
Brian

To error is human.....if the machine doesnt work, then KICK IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!

You should be able to modify the cfg file for each phone so that it does not keep a missed call list, but this will no prevent the callerid coming up in the first place. Additionally, if you give the user web access to their user settings, the numbers will be there as well.

It is possible, and I've been doing it using the phone configuration file, with the "<feature [blablabla] />" tag and the "calllist" feature. It is enabled by default.

Basically, you need to locate which of the feature number the "calllist" is, within the <feature /> line. For example, in my config file:

[highlight]feature.4.name="calllist"[/highlight]
and a little further you will see
[highlight]feature.4.enabled="1"[/highlight]

Just replace the 1 with a 0 to disable the call list.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back