Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mirror Port

Status
Not open for further replies.

majidjm

Programmer
Aug 4, 2010
Is it possible I config a Mitel CXI 3300 switch Layer 2 for mirroring port?
I need to send a copy from all packets which come in Mitel 3300 to a computer which I configed it into switch layer 2.

I will appreciate you if you help me

I have not tested this but you could try.

The CXi can mirror LAN ports for ethereal capture. The commands to enable port mirroring are:

mipsdb_debug 51, “destination_port source_port”
mipsdb_debug 51, “ 3 4 5 6 7” i.e. port 4 to 7 are mirrored to 3

The command to disable the mirroring is:

mipsdb_debug 50

Note:
These commands do not survive a reboot. If the CXi reboots, you will have to reinitialize the mirroring.

Also, please note that when the mirroring is enabled, the port that is doing the mirroring cannot be used for any other purposes.

This is from the knowledge base

How can I send this command to Mitel switch?

It must be done from the VXWorks command shell, I wouldn't recommend it unless you know what you are doing.

so sorry where is the VXWorks?
Is it true that I have to connect by serial port and then reset switch and ....?
Is any easier way?

You don't have to reset the controller, you can enable and disable as required. If you have setup port mirroring though and the controller does reset then you will have to program it again.

You can connect via IP using secure telnet.

I have just written a quick FAQ. See if it will get you into trouble :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back