Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Mircosoft Excel, printing solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

47redlands

Programmer
Mar 9, 2010
GB
I have drawn the layout of my room in Excel, so excel cells are different furniture in my room. I use a projector to display the room, on the projector the layout is fine, however when I print it out, the left and right are on the opposite side. Imagine when you ask the question "is it to my left, or your left” I have tried to copy the layout from Excel to word and turn it using the rotation etc. but it does not work. How can I solve this dilemma?

Hi,

That is very strange!

The cells that are on the left on my PC are on the left when I print.

AND the cells that are on the right on my PC are on the right when I print!!!

I can imagine no rational explanation for your printer flipping things around.

You might try reloading your printer driver software.

On my Epson NX210 ink jet printer one of the options is "mirror image". See if you have this option and make sure that it is not selected.

Hope this helps.

Please help us help you. Read Tek-Tips posting polices before posting.
Canadian members check out Tek-Tips in Canada for socializing, networking, and anything non-technical.

I have setup the room to be projected. If you have a projector you will notice what i am talking about

or maybe the projector is flipping it

both on screen, projector and on printing contents of cell A1 should be on the left side of it (assuming its not on a country/language that writes right to left) - if it isn't whatever is showing on the right side is doing the flip

Regards

Frederico Fonseca
SysSoft Integrated Ltd

FAQ219-2884
FAQ181-2886

Whatever the projector is doing, Excel prints what's on the left, er, uh, um...

On the left!!!

what about if it is projected to show a room layout?

Think really hard about this...

or just get a projector, draw the layout of the room and proof it to yourself!!!

Don't have a projector.

Select all the cells in the projection.

COPY as a Picture

Paste into a new sheet

Now flip the pic n print

Does your projector have a setting for Rear projection?, but then everything whould be reversed not just the spreadsheet.
As Cmeagan said, some printers have a mirror image mode to print t-shirt transfers, but again, that would affect all printouts, not just the room layout.

I use projectors all the time. What's on the left on the projector, PC screen and printed are always the same.
If you display the spreadsheet on a normal PC screen, does it loo the same as the projector or the printout? That will help to work out which one is backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back