Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MIRC Port Forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I am wondering if i can get help from any of the competent experts here on how to DCC send in MIRC using my alcatel speedtouch pro.

I am an avid user of mIRC and asop in a few rooms. I use an online hight speed server also and a hub(router). You shouldn't be having any trouble with DCC sends or recieves. It could be your mIRC settings. mIRC is verrrrrrrry fussy about it's settings. If you want to talk about it let me know. Good luck.

Everyone needs an angel now and then... *smile*...

SpeedTouch Pro gives problems with DCC send.. that's because the way DCC works, and because it closes all the inbound ports, unless you create pinholes... an easy way to get rid of this problem is.. tell the person who you want to receive the file to enable the DCC server (File>Options>DCC>Server and enable it from there), and then send the file to the IP instead of the nick.. something like /send 80.234.212.53 (obviously, change that to the ip number of that person)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back