Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

MIRAN III Medium

Status
Not open for further replies.

is2teli

MIS
Mar 7, 2005
US
I am going into meeting and need to know for the MIRANIII Medium option - How many RAN announcements and diffeernt types of Hold music can be created? Thanks

your talking 8 channels but with broadcast lic, you can put 10 or more calls on the same ran... not the 1 call per channel as the old analog ones.. moh is a converted wav file and can be on as many channels as you want. i use one per group because of the 81c requirements.. moh is used per route and internal.. each route can have a unique moh and a different one for internal.. i use the canned music provided by nortel.. generic elevator

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Is there a max of unique moh and unigque announcemnets?

the max is controlled by the number of channels times the number of broad cast.. you have one unique recording per channel active at a time.. i have more voice files then i do channels.. i can change to recording by changing the file name on that card via the menu.. if i need more them 8 rans and or 8 moh channels total, i would need a second miran.. i have 16 channels, 5 for moh, again i would only need one for an 11.. i could change music on hold from the screen..

why are you thinking you want more then one music channel?

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Dpt heads want different music on hold for different departments. What we are needing is music but different announcemnts for the different dpts. It doesn't matter if it is the same music playing, just rans specific to the department
Wanting to know if it can be achieved by miran

As long as the calls are sent to different ACD queues then the answer would be yes. The ACD queues have RAN announcements that would give the individual announcements. Other then that the MOH is determined on a Route basis so to get different MOH for different departments the calls would need to route down their own route data block.

just reading the miran bulletin, card comes with 6 minutes of music. so mluckie i would then need to configure individual routes for each music, crrect?

Yes. You would need a MOH route built for each source then at least 1 member. Then the numbers that you wanted to get that message would need to come down a specific route to get that recording. Keep in mind if you built it the old fasion way, using a trunk port, you will need a conference loop for each tn with music.

the 6 minutes of music is one file. you can't give inbound calls unique music unless they come in on unique routes. you can't give internal callers a choice, because that is a single system wide cdb entry..

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back