Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Minimum software level required for T7406

Status
Not open for further replies.

daveybc

Technical User
May 29, 2002
CA
Could someone tell me the minimum software level required make the 7406 cordless phone work. I have a client with a 6/16 prior to DR 5 wanting to get one. They need it to have appearance of 2 lines. They also have a 3/8 DR5.1 at another closed branch available if the 6/16 is to old. Any feed back is appreciated.

T7406 emulates M7310
All Norstar versions support M7310

Thanks,
I figured that we where talking about older 6/16. In other words the 7406 works on all releases of fiber MICS and CICS.

Thanks again,Dave

The software version in programming says "30DAG04" I am sure this is DR3 and should work with T7406. Can any one clarify before I wast my time onsite? aswell is there any other things to look out for. I am setting up just 1 handset with the base beig used in a garage enviroment. Thanks for any input. Dave

30DAG04 comes up as DR2 according to my records.
Sam is right the minimum release required is DR3.
DR2 cartridges are single piece carts and DR3 is a two piece cart (easy way to tell).

The KSU is a 6/16, so the software is a 1 piece cartridge. However 30DAG04 must be DR2 correct? How do you tell from those numbers? is there a matrix of some sort I can get my hands on? infact a useful matrix also for me would be a voicemail software compatibility one. telling me what versions work with which phone system sortware versions. Thanks, Dave.

You are correct. You have a Compact 6X16 DR-2. There is such a matrix. Check out the Nortel website.

Replaced KSU w an extra 6/16DS DR5. The T7406 was fairly easy to set up. Although all the passcodes and power down of the base then power up and send the ID string to the base. Couldn't Nortel made this a little easier! Is there any reason not to use 266344 as the passcode on the T7406? thanks all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back