Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

minimizing application (like window system clock) 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

diarratech

Technical User
Jul 7, 2000
FR
I am writing a VB program which will act as a birthday reminder. This program should have the capability to be minimized like the Windows system clock with an icon or maximized when the user click on it.
The reason I want it minimized is because I'd like the application to be constantly running so that when the birthday is up, the application will pop up automatically.
I know I need to use some type of API coding scheme, but I have no idea how to go about miniminzing the program!

Thanks

System Tray example in Teks -Tips Thread ?? (from edderic) Eric De Decker
vbg.be@vbgroup.nl

Licence And Copy Protection AxtiveX.

Download Demo version on my Site:
Promotions before 02/28/2001 (free source codebook),visite my site

If it is going to be a VB application set the windowstate property as minimized and refer to the window API call
FlashWindow in ur code on the day when the birthday comes so that the user will know that its something special with the application on that day :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back